Saturday, March 22, 2014

Spring Break is Hard.

Flying over Nebraska!
Well, it's been a LONG day!  It started out at 3AM this morning when we got in the vans to head to Omaha.  After a two hour car ride and a much needed nap, we arrived in Omaha around 5am.  Then we went straight to the airport to check in before our flight.  Oh and did I mention, I have NEVER flown before this morning!  Well, you can imagine how much of a nervous wreck and curious fool I was in the airport, luckily my group knew what they were doing.  We went through security, with no pat downs (Thank goodness!) and waited for our plane.  After about hour or so it was boarding time!  We boarded the plane and waited anxiously for take off.  I had been warned about take off...so I waited in total nervousness.  Once they checked the plane we were ready to go!  I closed my eyes and hoped that those motion sickness pills would work! Well they did, somewhat.  I tried to sleep..key word tried, but just sat with my eyes closed for most of the flight.  But let me tell you something, landing is WAY better than take off! 
Cassie and I waiting for our flight!

Anyway, we arrived in Denver around 8am (9am Central).  That is one BIG airport! Once we got our luggage we headed for the rental car and then left Denver to go to Greeley.  On the way to Greeley it began to snow!! I don't know about anyone else but I thought it was supposed to be SPRING.  :/  Upon arriving in Greeley we picked up some last minute groceries at Wal-Mart and headed to lunch at Olive Garden.  Pasta was just what we needed!! :) Isn't it always?  After stuffing ourselves with pasta and breaksticks we headed over to the University of Northern Colorado (UNC) where we would be staying.  With full bellies and tired bodies we hoped and prayed for nap time, something children might not appreciate, but let me be the first to say naps are the best!  Unfortunately nap time would have to wait a little bit while we met the volunteer coordinator and discussed the work ahead of us.  Then came a well-deserved nap!  A well-deserved 2 1/2 hour nap!  From there we ate supper and had a group reflection activity.
And well, now I am here telling you all about the exciting, long, stressful, but oh-so-much-fun day that we had.  After only getting 6 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours and all the stress of traveling, I can say that Spring Break is Hard.  (But so much fun!)
Below are Some of the pictures from today's travels!


So this was the closest I have been to and airplane...until I got on one an hour later!!

Part of our AWOL group waiting for take off!

That view. :)

Spring Break is Hard.  So they took a nap!


The beautiful lime counters in our room. (yeah in the bathroom, and the kitchen!)

The view from our room in Greeley, Co!



Good night! and Lots of Love,
Ari

No comments:

Post a Comment